Pages

Sunday 16 March 2014

Bows and Arrows

At the start of this year I gave the Grainline Archer shirt pattern a go. I know I should probably try and build my skills with more simple projects, but the fabulous sew-along and the rave reviews made me want to give it a go. I figure (possibly arrogantly!) I can achieve anything if there are good instructions and I take it slow. This is only wearable muslin status really, but I am quite pleased with how it turned out; I think the main issue is I used a pretty cheap polycotton so there are some frayed edges and it doesn't feel too nice to wear. I'll definitely be making another version in better fabric, and with shorter sleeves, it appears I have short arms!

Prepare now for some silly photos :)

Selfie, like all the cool kids


Not quite sure about my rear view, trying to show the very long sleeves!

 And some construction pics, I am excessively pleased with some of the neat top stitching I achieved!


 Hope you are having a lovely sunny weekend, it is beautiful here in Dorset :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, make a comment :)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.